Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweet Gothic Grammar

Anyone who is learning Gothic with a remote interest in Indo European (I can't imagine why else one would learn Gothic, except being interesting in Germanic generally) should buy this grammar. It includes graded exercises, as well as exercises which relate to the development of Gothic from IE. Fantastic stuff, and it's not terribly expensive either. We need more grammars like this, which go through the development from IE and provide exercises to reinforce the points.


2 comments:

Mattitiahu said...

The only thing I have an issue with is that no Gothic grammar I've ever seen teaches the Gothic in that awesome Greek-derived Gothic script.

I mean, who wouldn't want to read a language in a script that looks that awesome?

Ben said...

Tis true.

Maybe instead of eviscerating the IE phonological inventory, I should write a Gothic grammar which teaches the script.